Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Deep Thoughts (ha ha!)

This morning as I was getting ready to feed Catherine, a "deep thought" came to me. (We can all laugh together now as I'm sure it is really not a deep thought, but just something that really touched my heart.) Catherine was sitting on my lap and as I was preparing to feed her, she started crying and whining and acting all frantic as though food was never going to come. I said to her, "Catherine, I am going to feed you." I do this often with her, as it seems at almost every feeding time we go through this ritual. I wish she could just understand that I am going to take care of her. I am never going to let her starve.

And that was when it hit me.

How often do I worry or fret over and over again over something, as though the Lord is not going to take care of me? And He probably looks down at me and says, "Johnna, I am always going to take care of you. How many times a day do I have to tell you that until you understand?"

Catherine is such a blessing to me -- and one of the biggest ways that she is a blessing is how the Lord uses her life to teach me more about Himself. Lord, thank you for always taking care of me, even when I start acting frantic!

5 comments:

Melanie Davis said...

Amen sister! I too rejoice in how God uses our little blessings to teach us truthes about Him!

Anonymous said...

No need for the "ha ha" parenthetical phrase, Johnna. That was a deep thought, and one we all need to ponder each and every day. Children can teach us soooo much. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Mom

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

I tell Hannah the same thing all the time! Mommy ALWAYS feeds you, Mommy is not going to let you starve! I'm not sure if I have ever carried the thought farther to think about God taking care of all our needs but that is a GREAT thought! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Christy

Daniel and Christy Davis said...

wow johnna, that is a great thought! like christy, i am always telling hannah to "be patient", "mommy is bringing your food," "is this [whining] really helping your situation?" as parents we are to be pictures of our God, so thanks for the reminder!

daniel

Anonymous said...

aaron! it's katie! i had no idea y'all were in huntsville! you live like 15 minutes from me and philip! email me! kathrynjfletcher@gmail.com