Friday, April 18, 2008

Big Girl Bed Update (April 18)

Well, I don't have any pictures to show you regarding Catherine in her big girl bed, but I've had many people inquiring about how things are going. So, I'll let you know that things are going GREAT!!!

Today marks Catherine's 2nd full week in the big bed. We've only had, I think, 3 incidents with the bed. One time, she just woke up crying really hard in the bed. The other two times, she was crying REALLY hard. The first time was actually the first Sunday night after we started the new bed. She was standing on the seat of the picnic table that sits at the end of her bed (she uses the picnic table to get in the bed). She had the worst look of terror on her face. I don't know what happened to lead her to this position, but she was scared to death. The second time that I found her out of the bed was earlier this week. When I opened the door to her bedroom, she was sitting on the floor right in front of the door. Once again, she was just scared. She kept asking for water, but never would drink any. I'm not sure what caused her to get up, but all three times that I've had to go in there, she eventually went back to sleep in her bed on her own --sometimes after Daddy had to go in there and reassure her that we were still there.

Nap times have gone well, too! I was afraid I would have more trouble with naps since it is not completely dark in her room. But so far so good (I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!) We've been so proud of her!

No comments: